Monday, June 28, 2010

June 25th - June 27th

June 25 - June 27th
Was a Friday through a Sunday and these were days for exploring more of the heart of Berlin. This was such a fun weekend it consisted of a lot of rest and watching almost every game of soccer that was scheduled. When the U.S. played Ghana (Saturday) I went to a American style Bar & Grill by the name of Route 66. The menu of course had American foods well i think so. There was a choice of a so called "Cajun Chicken" but I didn't have the nerve to try Cajun Chicken in Germany but I did have the chili cheese fries and they where amazing. To bad the U.S. lost but I still had a great time. Later that weekend Germany played England (Sunday) and I believe the entire city of Berlin was in the Tiergarten watching the amazing game that the Germans put on 4 - 1 Germany. After this defeat the entire city was filled with noises of celebration. Such as cars honking, fireworks going off, people yelling / chanting. All in all the city did not go to bed early that night. It was a new experience for me and i will probably never forget it. Well that was my weekend in a nut shell hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment