Friday, July 2, 2010

June 28th – July 1st

June 28th

Monday was no different from the last few weekdays. We toured a Le Corbusier housing solution in 1958. This 17 storey building was constructed in 18 months and we actually got to see the inside of an apartment building that had not been changed since move in day back in 1958. This old lady was so neat and full of stories she was married to a screen writer so she knew English pretty good. All the furniture in her apartment was all form the 50s and it was like walking back in time and seeing what these apartments look like before they were remodeled.


June 29th

Was the day for our southern trip into the city of Dresden. This was also the day I left my backpack on the train on the way back so I’m sorry for the lack of pictures because my camera was in my backpack. I hope to get it back sometime in the near future. Well besides the point our group saw the following building in Dresden: UFA Cinema Center, Volkswagen Transparent factory, Jewish Synagogue, and many of the buildings in the Theater Platz area. If I was to pick my favorite it would be the VW Transparent Factory. The layout of the Building and the Lobby were very easy to maneuver around and see all the cars being made.


June 30th – July 1st

These days where back in the heart of Berlin. These days have also been my favorite history part of our trip. We began the history lessons of the Cold War and on July 1st was the History of the Wall. The Walls History was very interesting to learn things I formally didn’t know. It was also neat to see Checkpoint Charlie. There is a museum on the same block as Checkpoint Charlie. This museum was dedicated to the history of Checkpoint Charlie and also methods and ways that people were smuggled through the checkpoint.



No comments:

Post a Comment